We are a group of passionate individuals, who fuel our fast-paced and hard working marketing engine. We are all about ownership, giving each member the tools, support, and freedom to succeed. Above all else, we value personal and professional growth, true teamwork and collaboration, and celebrating each other's wins while still driving to achieve even more. We are fun, scrappy, and aren’t afraid to take risks. If this sounds like a team you’d like to be a part of get in touch!
TouchBistro is looking for a motivated and creative Public Relations Manager who can think outside of the ‘press release box’. Knows the power of influencer marketing, and isn’t afraid to bring unconventional media tactics to the table in order to drive brand awareness and coverage.
The right candidate will have the perfect mix of networking skills, professional writing ability, strategy development and digital marketing knowledge.
- Develop an innovative PR strategy that aligns with our company and marketing objectives to build brand awareness, generate demand for our products and services, and position TouchBistro as the best POS for restaurants. Along the way, you’ll measure that strategy, make adjustments and scale it to support our rapid growth
- Become BFFS with editors, journalists, influencers, analysts, event organizers and anyone else who’s creating interesting content for restaurateurs. No pitching-and-ditching; you’re cultivating long-term relationships here (but you’re definitely not a crazy stalker). Email might get the conversation started, but it shouldn’t be your main form of communication. Phone calls and face-to-face meetings are where the real magic happens
- Secure earned media opportunities for our marketing campaigns and initiatives. You’ll think of newsworthy ways to extend the current marketing messages and campaigns
- Systematically Experiment with new tactics, tools and messages to package up pitch ideas that make writers’ jobs as easy as possible
- Build relationships with those time- and resource-strapped journalists, editors, influencers, analysts and contributors to understand what they need to create the most engaging content for their respective audiences so they can reach their objectives
- Identify opportunities for TouchBistro, as well as our customers, partners and employees, to be interviewed, share thought leadership and best practices, contribute bylines, speak at events and win awards that will raise our collective profiles
- Collaborate closely with subject matter experts, including employees from across the organization, executives, customers, and partners. You’re a people person and everyone says you’re an absolute dream to work with
- Tap Into our customer base to identify unique angles, secure customer stories and sources, and get introductions to key influencers
- Write, Repurpose and Edit compelling content ranging from blog posts, press releases and speaking abstracts, to tweets, customer communications and emails, and everything in between. Communication isn't a chore for you, and you can effectively persuade people both through your writing and in conversation
ALL ABOUT YOU
- You are excited by the idea of working in the restaurant and technology industries
- You are willing to try new things, make mistakes and learn from them
- You can identify opportunities for TouchBistro outside of the traditional journalism world
- You know that great coverage can be found by building mutually-beneficial relationships with all types of influencers, partners, customers and business leaders - not just journalists and editors
- You can easily navigate the media landscape in the U.S., Canada...and beyond
- You are dying to break free from the shackles of the failing traditional PR model to test, hack, experiment and scale their way to a different kind of media strategy
- You can create, execute and iterate on a plan that works for an innovative, fast-growing company like ours
- You want to grow into one of the top PR professionals/leaders in the biz…but take your own path to get there
WHY CHOOSE US?
TouchBistro is an award-winning iPad Point of Sale system, built for restaurant people by restaurant people. We’re a team of thinkers, builders, doers, and innovators. While many of us have experience working at restaurants, some of us just have a true passion for the industry.
We’re venture backed by some of the best tech VCs in the world and are partnered with top innovators in the mobile, food, and payment industries.
We’re global and growing! TouchBistro is used in more than 100 countries worldwide and has offices in NYC, Austin, Chicago, London and headquarters in Toronto. We’re a fast-moving, ever-evolving company on a mission to change the way restaurateurs do business and help them succeed through our products and services, but we need talented, passionate people to help!
So, what do you say? Are you ready to become part of something awesome?